401 SOUTH STREET
Esterly, Schneider was commissioned to design two floors, for a total of twelve lofts, including one, two and three bedroom units for The Wheeler’s Lofts Development, located at 401 South Street in downtown Springfield.
With an elegant and luxurious feel, this 100 year-old building has become a place to call home in the urban setting of downtown Springfield. The units were designed with a number of individualized options, each loft retaining the original character of brick walls, 12’ ceilings and pine wood floors throughout. This historic site, previously known as Wheeler’s Furniture, was completely renovated with unique amenities such as:
- Underground parking
- New insulated, noise-reduction windows with original trim preserved
- Oversized eight-foot designer loft entry doors, with specialty glass inserts & keypad access
- Fiber-optic phone/internet wiring and conduit within walls for cable TV
- High-efficiency electric furnace and water heaters
- Laundry hook-ups in every unit
Visit our Housing Portfolio Page to view more photos of this project and see the other projects Esterly, Schneider has completed in our area.